Grow your career. Be the difference. Leading the commercialization of ground-breaking technology that captures CO₂ directly from air is challenging and exhilarating. As a member of the CE team, you’ll be surrounded by smart, adventurous, curious people committed to progressing our Direct Air Capture (DAC) and AIR TO FUELS TM technologies. We’re a diverse team of innovators hailing from around the world with a shared vision, purpose, and commitment to deliver large scale climate change solutions. Our headquarters is in Squamish, B.C., and our presence is expanding in many other markets around the world as we commercialize our technologies
Our culture combines our heritage as a small company with our ambitious goals. We have a passion for what we do and believe our work will have a true and lasting impact on the world. Many of our employees are drawn to CE because of the direct connection between the game-changing work we do and their own personal values.
At our core, Carbon Engineering values integrity, growth, excellence in execution, and fun. This is an environment where people matter, and contributions are noticed. Our employees work hard and are given the opportunity to learn and grow from mistakes. Diversity is embraced, and we value an inclusive work environment where every employee has an equal opportunity to be heard. We work in a dynamic environment and thrive on tackling rewarding and complex problems as a team.
As an Industrial Electrician your role is to provide electrical service and support for Innovation Centre and Pilot Plant operations. This involves maintaining and troubleshooting electrical systems including power and instrumentation cabling as well as enclosures, lighting, motors, Variable Frequency Drive’s and other related equipment.
- This position works 10-hr days, 4-days per week.
- This position is based in Squamish, BC.
Environment and Safety
- Demonstrate a positive safety culture.
- Maintain the plant in a safe condition in line with all applicable regulations.
- Identify, report, and resolve unsafe conditions, processes or actions within the workplace.
- Ensure that safety instrumentation systems are maintained in good working order.
- Ensure that all environmental and safety related incidents, accidents, and near misses are reported in the appropriate timeframe and investigated in line with company policy.
- Carry out preventive and condition-based maintenance of Innovation Centre and Pilot Plant process equipment with a focus on electrical hardware.
- Collaborate with the Operations Engineering Team in designing and planning of future plant modifications.
- Lead the electrical installation of new equipment and provide support during commissioning of new equipment.
- Identify and apply appropriate quality management tools and techniques to ensure best practices for equipment maintenance planning, repair and replacement.
- Develop maintenance schedules for electrical equipment.
- Identify, develop, install, and implement upgrades on existing electrical equipment.
- Provide specialist support for modification and upgrade of instrumentation.
- Provide specialist maintenance input to plant design reviews at all lifecycle stages.
- Identify, capture and communicate lessons learned and implement solutions where appropriate.
- Develop, implement and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for electrical maintenance tasks.
- Foster and maintain a positive culture within the Maintenance Team; by identifying and applying appropriate quality management tools and techniques to electrical operations, promoting effective teamwork effort, a questioning mindset and recognize failure as a learning opportunity.
- Carry out site tours as required for 3rd party inspections and certifications of equipment as required.
Education and Experience
- Interprovincial Red Seal Electrician.
- Interprovincial Red Seal Instrumentation and Control Technician is an asset but not required.
- 3+ years of experience as a Journeyperson Electrician in an Industrial setting
- You have a safety mindset; with the ability to recognize, adhere to and implement safe practices.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work independently, act as a subject matter expert, and provide technical insight to a range of stakeholders.
- You thrive on doing things that have not been done before (explorer mindset).
- You have strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Can perform well under pressure
Carbon Engineering is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.