Grow your career. Be the difference. Leading the commercialization of ground-breaking technology that captures CO₂ directly from air is challenging and exhilarating. As a member of the CE team, you’ll be surrounded by smart, adventurous, curious people committed to progressing our Direct Air Capture (DAC) and AIR TO FUELS TM technologies. We’re a diverse team of innovators hailing from around the world with a shared vision, purpose, and commitment to deliver large scale climate change solutions. Our headquarters is in Squamish, B.C., and our presence is expanding in many other markets around the world as we commercialize our technologies.
Our culture combines our heritage as a small company with our ambitious goals. We have a passion for what we do and believe our work will have a true and lasting impact on the world. Many of our employees are drawn to CE because of the direct connection between the game-changing work we do and their own personal values.
At our core, Carbon Engineering values integrity, growth, excellence in execution, and fun. This is an environment where people matter, and contributions are noticed. Our employees work hard and are given the opportunity to learn and grow from mistakes. Diversity is embraced, and we value an inclusive work environment where every employee has an equal opportunity to be heard. We work in a dynamic environment and thrive on tackling rewarding and complex problems as a team.
As the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Specialist, you are responsible for maintaining, updating and improving Carbon Engineering’s CMMS. You will work closely with the Maintenance Planner and maintenance technicians to update preventive maintenance tasks based on operational feedback. You will also update the CMMS and supporting documentation to include modifications and upgrades that are installed in the plant.
This position is required to be on-site at our Innovation Centre based in Squamish, BC.
This position is fulltime at 40hrs/week.
- Demonstrate a positive safety culture.
- Identify, report and resolve unsafe conditions, processes or actions within the workplace.
- Ensure that all safety related incidents, accidents and near misses are reported and investigated in line with company policy.
- Support Operations and Technology Development teams by ensuring accuracy and completeness of CMMS across CE’s Innovation Centre and next generation pilot/benchtop prototypes.
- Maintain and update the plant Physical Model (asset hierarchy) to ensure accuracy and completeness of asset information.
- Collaborate with Engineering to update the physical model as modifications and upgrades are added to the plant.
- Create new asset tags and hierarchies within the CMMS and review legacy assets to ensure information is accurate.
- Record, manage and implement change requests for scheduled/preventive maintenance (SM/PM) tasks.
- Incorporate all rental equipment and moveable assets into the CMMS.
- Incorporate new test equipment into the CMMS, including development of appropriate SM/PM tasks.
- Create task groups for regularly occurring complex maintenance tasks.
- Review monthly statistics for user input, Key Performance Indicators, and comments in order to drive continuous improvement of the maintenance program.
- Institute changes to maintenance rounds to eliminate overlap between Production and Maintenance teams, and create standard maintenance routes.
- Collaborate with the Purchasing team to improve integration between Inventory Management and Maintenance workflows/systems.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis investigations as required.
- Support an anticipated transition from Fiix to SAP.
Education and Experience
- Technical Diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience administering/maintaining CMMS systems.
- Strong maintenance and reliability knowledge.
- Experience with Fiix or SAP highly desirable.
- Strong computer literacy and experience/aptitude with enterprise systems.
- Trade certification and experience an asset.
- Detail oriented with an aptitude for accurate data entry and review.
Joining Carbon Engineering provides you more than a career – it’s a calling for those who are ready to make a difference in climate action. We provide hope.
Carbon Engineering is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.