Grow your career. Be the difference. Leading the commercialization of ground-breaking technology that captures CO₂ directly from air is challenging and exhilarating. As a member of the CE team, you’ll be surrounded by smart, adventurous, curious people committed to progressing our Direct Air Capture (DAC) and AIR TO FUELS TM technologies. We’re a diverse team of innovators hailing from around the world with a shared vision, purpose, and commitment to deliver large scale climate change solutions. Our headquarters is in Squamish, B.C., and our presence is expanding in many other markets around the world as we commercialize our technologies.
Our culture combines our heritage as a small company with our ambitious goals. We have a passion for what we do and believe our work will have a true and lasting impact on the world. Many of our employees are drawn to CE because of the direct connection between the game-changing work we do and their own personal values.
At our core, Carbon Engineering values integrity, growth, excellence in execution, and fun. This is an environment where people matter, and contributions are noticed. Our employees work hard and are given the opportunity to learn and grow from mistakes. Diversity is embraced, and we value an inclusive work environment where every employee has an equal opportunity to be heard. We work in a dynamic environment and thrive on tackling rewarding and complex problems as a team.
As the Document Controller, you will contribute to the design, deployment, and take ownership of the management of a SharePoint based electronic document control system (EDMS) at Carbon Engineering. The Document Controller will work closely with internal stakeholders to finalize the details of the EDMS and manage its deployment across the organization. Once the EDMS is deployed the Document Controller will act as document control and records management support for our technical, commercial, and business groups. As the Carbon Engineering team grows the Document Controller will be responsible for training new team members and onboarding new document control personnel.
Expect to be on-site in Squamish, BC approximately 2 days/week.
- Collaborate with the Document Management System (DMS) working group, contribute to the design, support, and growth of an EDMS, with principal responsibility for the development and growth of the Technical team areas’ taxonomies and metadata.
- Develop policies and procedures for managing content.
- Handling, uploading, and managing engineering, contractor/vendor and client documents, and project emails in the EDMS, including Meta Data.
- Ensure all technical documents, such as reports, drawings and blueprints are collected and registered in system.
- Supporting all project participants in complying with project procedures and using the EDMS to capture project documents.
- Providing document management support to project participants including support to external users (bidders, vendors, contractors, consultants, and client).
- Auditing and reviewing the accuracy of document management attributes in the EDMS.
- Providing reports from the EDMS such as the engineering status and vendor/contractor document submission status, engineering progress measurement, review cycles and assisting in expediting internal reviews.
- Work with documents and records across various departments initially focusing on engineering and operations and expanding to include R&D, commercial, human resources, marketing.
- Lead the training of other document controllers and project support coordinators as required.
- Advanced level in SharePoint, MS Outlook, MS Office including Word, Excel, Visio, Adobe Acrobat and demonstrated ability to learn other software tools.
- Experience with SmartPlant Foundations considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to balance and meet competing needs and projects.
- Proven interpersonal skills to build relationships with the immediate and remote team members.
- Experience in effective prioritization of deliverables across multiple departments/customers.
- Analytical thinking with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving mindset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with many file types.
Environment and Safety:
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Complete all prescribed safety training.
- Demonstrate a positive approach to safety.
- Identify, report and resolve unsafe conditions, processes or actions within the workplace.
- Ensure that all safety related incidents, accidents and near misses are reported and investigated in line with company policy.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma (BSc Engineering an asset)
- 4 to 10 years of previous document control experience in an engineering project or data management environment using an electronic document management system and engineering processes
- General understanding of engineering and science topics.
Joining Carbon Engineering provides you more than a career – it’s a calling for those who are ready to make a difference in climate action. We provide hope.
Carbon Engineering is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.